In this cheat sheet for Portal Builder Administration pages of WebCenter Portal 18.104.22.168.x, you can find the pretty URL or direct URL along with short description.
From the Portal Builder Administration pages, WebCenter Portal system administrators can administer the entire WebCenter Portal application.
URL Syntax for Portal Builder Administration pages : http://host:port/webcenter/portal/builder
Sample URL : http://127.0.0.1:8888/webcenter/portal/builder
Portal Builder is categorized into 6 sections and each section is in a separate tab.
- List all Portals
- Moderated Portals : Portals that current user can moderate
- Joined Portals : Portals that current user subscribed (or joined) to.
- Public Portals : List all public portals that anonymous users can access
- Discoverable Portals :
- Create Portal : To create a new portal using portal creation wizard
- Administration General Settings : To modify Application Title & Logo, assets (page templates, application skins, navigation for home portal) & resource catalogs (for Portals, Home Portal, Business Roles Pages, Page Templates in Portals), Default Portal settings (to initialize to load default portal / page upon accessing webcenter portal), Option section (footer settings, default language selection, global help URL), Session timeout settings and self registration settings.
- Administration Security Settings : To manage Roles (including create new role), Users & Groups (To assign users to other application roles or to grant administrative privileges. Also to modify or to remove existing grants).
- Tools and Services : Settings for tools & services like Discussions, Search, External Applications, Mail, People Connections, Portlet Producers
- System Pages – To list all system pages bundled as part of webcenter portal, to customize the system pages and an option to restore the system page to the factory settings (i.e. removes all customization changes made). Additionaly Create Page Variant for selected system pages such that a device specific page variant is displayed for device group.
- Business Role Pages – To create a new business role page, to list all business role pages, show/hide or re-order it, option to set page default (enable or disable one click page creation and default page style to be used during page creation), system created business role pages cannot be modified so to customize it (a) first take a copy of existing business role page (b) Customize it or make changes using Composer and save the changes.
- Personal Pages – personal pages users have created in the Home Portal. Lists all personal pages, allows edit/rename/copy/delete personal page, Delete personalization (to remove all user customizations from the selected personal page), enable/disable public access.
- Device Settings – To control how the portal pages are rendered on range of devices (from smart phones to tablets to desktop browsers). A new device can be added and list of devices can be grouped under Device Group.
- Shared Assets
- Page Templates : Create and manage page templates for use in all portals.
- Navigations : Create and manage navigation models for use in all portals. The navigation model defines the content, structure, and metadata of the navigation. When you create the navigation model, you specify the items or resources to include (like Pages, Content, Portlets, Task flows, External appplications, External links, Other navigation models, etc) and the hierarchy of those items.
- Resource Catalogs : Resource Catalogs define and organize the resources available for inclusion in a page, page template, or task flow. Two types of Resource Catalogs are :
- Design-Time Resource Catalogs : They are available in the Resource Palette and it can be created in JDeveloper so that they are deployed with the application. The WebCenter Services Catalog is a design time catalog that is available out-of-the-box when you install the WebCenter extension bundle.
- Run-Time Resource Catalogs : Determine the resources available when populating pages, page templates and task flows in Oracle Composer. Also determines the resources available when creating page templates and other Resource Catalogs in the Resource Manager. Out-of-the-box, WebCenter Spaces provides several default Resource Catalogs for people to use. If these default catalogs are not suitable, you can build catalogs of your own within WebCenter Spaces.
- Look and Layout
- Skins : Defines the look and feel of pages and group of pages in a portal or portals.
- Page Styles : Defines the layout of a newly created page and the type of content the page supports. It can be blank page, web page, blog page style, 3-column page style, etc.
- Content Presenter : A Content Presenter template defines how Content Presenter renders content items on a portal page. A Content Presenter template can handle either single content items, multiple content items, or combinations of the two. WebCenter Portal provides several out-of-the-box Content Presenter templates to get you started, or, your application developer can also create new custom display templates using JDeveloper.
- Task flow styles : Task flow styles are templates used for creating task flows at runtime.
- UI Components
- Pagelets : Pagelet Producer (previously called Oracle WebCenter Ensemble) provides a collection of useful tools that facilitate dynamic pagelet development and deployment. Using Pagelet Producer, you can expose WSRP and Oracle JPDK portlets and OpenSocial gadgets as pagelets for use in any Web page or application.
- Task flows : Task flows, like pages, are containers in which you can add components such as portlets, content, and other task flows. However, task flows provide the advantage of being reusable, so that the same task flow can be consumed on multiple pages.
- Data Controls : Use data controls to retrieve the data that you want to display in your portal. Data controls can be based on relational database or web service data sources.